My Language Portfolio [closed]

A blog? what's in a blog?? It started to be a simple language portfolio... who knows what it will became? This is the place where you can find everything from deep nonsense to nice thoughts. THIS WAS A LANGUAGE PORTFOLIO

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Shake! Shake!

yesterday, by 2:30 pm, there was an earthquake, felt in lisbon with intensity of 5.4 in Ritcher scale.

I was just sitting in this very comfortable chair, relaxing, looking at the PC with nothing to do, everyone who was online was busy, probably studying to the many tests and works that we have this week, when I started hearing the cupboard trembling, I didn't pay attention to it. But, just a moment after that I felt the floor trembling! I had just felt the wave of an earthquake passing through! Damn, what a jump! I ran to the nearest doorway and stayed there until everything settled down.

After calming down I came back to the PC and started asking everyone if they had felt it. I noticed that many of them didn't know what to do in case of earthquake so I decided to post here some tips for your reaction:
  • Don't Panic.
  • Don't try to runaway (if it is a big earthquake you won't have time for it).
  • Find shelter underneath a doorway or a table (they'll protect you against falling stones).
  • If you're in a shopping center stay near a column ( they last longer).
  • After the earthquake find out how can you be useful and where help is needed and wait for news in the media, radio or TV.
Hope you'll never have to presence one, but better be aware and prevented!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home